8 Ways Marijuana Can Be Helpful For Mind And Body

Marijuana, also known as cannabis, is a psychoactive drug from the cannabis plant. It is grown widely in the regions of the Indian subcontinent and Central Asia. Over the years, cannabis or marijuana has been used extensively for its therapeutic and psychoactive properties. Many medical practitioners have used cannabis to cure many ailments; chronic pain and insomnia being the most abundant reason. Many spiritual healers smoke marijuana and claim to have reached high levels of spirituality.

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD) are the active ingredients in a cannabis plant. THC is known to have psychoactive activities and give the feeling of high. Whereas, CBD does not make consumers feel high. Variants of THC such as Delta 8, Delta 9, and Delta 10 distillate are available in the market. CBD is sold in the form of oils, balms, gummies, etc. Here are eight ways in which marijuana can be beneficial for the human mind and body.

1. Treat Anxiety And Depression

Source: unsplash.com

Cannabis can be very helpful in treating mental disorders like anxiety and depression. The Delta 8 THC is known to treat anxiety. Endocannabinoids in cannabis can help stabilize moods, thus treating depression. People with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) have shown positive signs of recovery when given THC and CBD products.

2. Solve Sleep-related Issues

Cannabis-derived products can be very helpful in solving sleep-related disorders. Insomnia and poor sleep latency are an issue for many. THC products can be very helpful in this regard. Cannabinoids bind to the sites in the brain that help relieve stress. Thus giving the feeling of relaxation and calm, putting the body into a sound sleep.

See also  4 Healthy Eating Tips for Older Adults

3. Cure For Cancer

Cannabis has shown promising results in fighting cancer. THC in the form of Marinol has been used for many years to treat symptoms of cancer among patients. Chemotherapy has adverse side effects. THC can help relieve nausea, pain and reduce inflammation. Whereas, CBD is known to help cure seizures and paranoia.

4. Reduce Body Weight

Source: pexels.com

While no scientific research backs the fact that cannabis helps in weight loss, it does help obesity by countering metabolic issues that cause obesity. Cannabis is known to reduce blood sugar levels and improve overall liver health. Thus it can help treat Type 2 Diabetes. Apart from that, cannabis is also known to control blood pressure and cholesterol levels.

5. Relieve Chronic Pain

Cannabinoids present in cannabis are very helpful in reducing pain. Medical marijuana is gaining popularity, mainly because of its ability to relieve pain. From joint pain to headaches, marijuana has proved to be of extreme help. THC products interact with the brain, giving the feeling of high, thus relieving pain. CBD does not give high but relieves pain by producing anti-inflammatory substances in the body.

6. Help With Autism

Since cannabis is known to calm down the nerves and regulate the moods of the user, children with autism can be treated using cannabis-derived products. Of course, you can not offer a ‘joint’ to the kids, therefore, Fresh Bros offers several THC and CBD products that contain the essence of cannabis, but are safe for children’s use.

7. Overall Health Benefits

Source: unsplash.com

Medical marijuana has been in use for several health benefits. According to researchers, cannabidiol can help the human body in different ways. It helps in modulating the immune system, and in promoting neuroplasticity that eventually can be helpful for epilepsy. Cannabis can also help in maintaining cognitive and emotional behaviors. It can help in learning, focusing, digestion, and the vascular system.

See also  5 Key Points To Check Before Buying Your CBD Product

8. Help With Attention Deficit Disorders

Cannabis-derived products can also be helpful for people with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). individuals suffering from ADHD and ADD lack focus. Their attention span is very short. THC products, especially Delta 8 products can help them focus for a longer period.

THC And CBD Products

Tetrahydrocannabinol and Cannabinoid products are available in the market under many colorful labels. They can be easily obtained online, without any required prescription. These products can either be consumed directly as medicine or indirectly as oils and creams. THC and CBD infused products available in the market are:

  • THC distillates
  • CBD oils
  • CBD creams
  • Delta 8 Vapes
  • Tinctures
  • Soft gels
  • Gummies
  • Syrups

These products are now easily available online. Different online stores like Fresh Bros can deliver these products to your doorstep.

Legal Status Of Cannabis

Cannabis is labeled Schedule 1 drug by the United States Drug Regulation Authority. Cannabis can be very addictive. However, some researches show that there is only a 30% chance of a user becoming addicted, the chance increases to 70% if the consumer is in adolescence.

Today, many medical benefits of marijuana have forced Drug Regulation Authority to legalize cannabis products in a controlled manner. You can easily use CBD and THC products without prescription.

Why Prefer Cannabis Over Allopathic Medicines?

Source: unsplash.com

While allopathic medicines have greatly improved over time, their efficiency is still unpredictable. Most modern-day medicines have several side effects that can cause more harm than to help the patient. On the other hand, cannabis is a naturally occurring drug. It does not have any side effects other than psychoactive properties.

See also  How Collagen Protein Bars Boost Skin Elasticity From Within

You will need a doctors’ prescription to buy medicines from stores and pharmacies. Whereas, you do not need any kind of prescription to buy cannabis or cannabis-derived products. If you do not like to smoke, you can consume CBD and THC in the form of oil, gummies, tinctures, etc.

Bottom Line

Marijuana or Cannabis is a drug. Many cultures and societies have used this plant for its medicinal and psychoactive properties. The US Drug Regulation Authority has restricted Marijuana under Schedule 1 drugs. However, it has been made legal under some medical situations. You may not be able to legally smoke marijuana, but you can easily attain its therapeutic benefits by using THC and CBD-infused products. The benefits of cannabis on human health are several-folds. It does have some limitations, but the benefits outweigh the harms it causes to the body.